How to Convert Microsoft Word Files to PDF
The PDF is an ideal digital document format thanks to not only its portability but also its support for advanced features such as forms and digital signatures. It is perfect for tasks such as sending out contracts for signatures or gathering important information through a questionnaire or application.
Few documents begin their lives as PDFs, however. Most get their start in other programs, such as Microsoft Word, in which you have the word processing tools necessary to craft a document. Once you've completed that task, what do you need to do to take advantage of PDF features? Converting from Word to PDF is the answer—and it's easier than you might think. With Kofax Power PDF, conversions take just seconds.
5 Steps to Create PDFs Inside Office Applications
The easiest way to use Power PDF to create a new PDF document out of a Word file is to use the built-in integration provided by the software upon installation. With Power PDF Advanced on your Windows or Mac machine, you can access simple conversion tools right from the program of origin. Here's what to do:
- Open the file that you want to turn into a PDF in a program such as Microsoft Word.
- Click "File".
- Click "Print".
- Set "Power PDF" as the printer. Click "Print".
- Set a file name and press "Save". The program automatically creates a PDF in the destination that you set.
Power PDF can embed into Office applications as a shortcut under the "Kofax PDF" bar on the main ribbon. Users can use the convenient "Create PDF" button on the Kofax PDF ribbon to instantly create a new file from the currently open document.
Windows users can also access context menus by right-clicking on Word documents within File Explorer and clicking "Create PDF from file", generating a converted PDF file immediately.
Make PDF Editing Easier Every Day with Power PDF
With such a straightforward process for conversions, don’t overlook how much of an asset a tool such as Power PDF is to your business. Combined with a full suite of PDF editing tools, you can also:
- Add, edit, move, and manipulate text throughout the document to craft a PDF that matches your goals.
- Add charts, images, and other graphics, such as page borders and numbers, to create a more professional appearance for your documents.
- Use scan-to-PDF functionality combined with optical character recognition tools to speed the transition towards a paperless future.
- Access security tools, including password protections and permissions restrictions, alongside advanced digital signature workflows for transforming your back-office processes.
With a user-friendly design and a wealth of tools to use for creating, editing, and converting documents, Power PDF is proven, essential software for businesses of all sizes. Explore the options available to you today and experience these features firsthand when you try a 15-day free trial.